Tax Planning for Small to Mid-size Businesses (Including Home-Based Businesses)
by L. Boyd Cook
Review tax planning, liability protection, and accounting practices for small to mid-size companies including sole-practitioners and home-based businesses. The best possible entity structure for you and your business. LLC, partnership, or Corporation?
Bio: I have over fifteen years experience and a Master of Accounting from Utah State University… GO AGGIES!!! Some noteworthy achievements include the following:
- Partner overseeing and managing a team of professional skilled team members to create the greatest financial strategy for over 1500 clients.
- Developed and implemented business planning and consulting services including The Strategic CFO process.
- Co-Authored The Economics of Soul Purpose with a New York Times Best Selling Author.
- Opened and managed talent acquisition and relationship by opening a satellite office for a regional CPA firm as well as starting my own accounting and venture capital firm.
- Orchestrated the merger, acquisition, funding, and turn-around plan for over five companies with a total net worth of well over $142,000,000.
- Managed the funding, finance, and capital accounts for six different real estate private equity funds totaling over $250 Million in assets.
- Implemented new financial systems and policies and procedures for over 100 companies, enhancing their financial operation and position to well over a total of $25,000,000.
- Key executive implementing the strategic plan for the merger, acquisition, funding, and turn-around on various projects increasing the net worth of the overall company by over three times it’s original capital.
And, on top of all of these, I have four amazingly gorgeous children and the best (no offense) zoning wife ever!